gcbd: GPU/CPU Benchmarking in Debian-based systems
GPU/CPU Benchmarking on Debian-package based systems
This package benchmarks performance of a few standard linear algebra
operations (such as a matrix product and QR, SVD and LU decompositions)
across a number of different BLAS libraries as well as a GPU implementation.
To do so, it takes advantage of the ability to 'plug and play' different
BLAS implementations easily on a Debian and/or Ubuntu system. The current
- reference blas (refblas) which are unaccelerated as a baseline
- Atlas which are tuned but typically configure single-threaded
- Atlas39 which are tuned and configured for multi-threaded mode
- Goto Blas which are accelerated and multithreaded
- Intel MKL which are a commercial accelerated and multithreaded version.
As for GPU computing, we use the CRAN package
For Goto Blas, the gotoblas2-helper script from the ISM in Tokyo can be
used. For Intel MKL we use the Revolution R packages from Ubuntu 9.10.
||R (≥ 2.11.1), RSQLite, plyr, reshape, lattice|
||Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd at debian.org>|
||GPL-2 | GPL-3 [expanded from: GPL (≥ 2)]|
||Debian or Ubuntu system with access to Goto Blas,
Intel MKL, Atlas development build as well as a Nvidia GPU with