The ProPublica Congressional Bills package is a wrapper around the ProPublica Congressional Bills API returns a dataframe with all information within the values provided in the argument's parameters.
- key is the api key
- congress it the number of the congress: for example, 114 for the 114th Congres
- branch is the House or the Senate branch
- type is the type of bills; options are introduced, updated, active, passed, enacted, vetoed
- numFrom is the offset number beginning range: for example, 1 will get the first 20 bills
- numTo is the offset number to: for example, 40 will get bills 40 to 60. Entering numFrom as 1 and numTo as 40 will return bills 1 to 60
Here is an example that returns 40 bills with an “enacted date” from the 114th Congress.
house_enacted_115 <- getBills(apikey,"115","house","enacted",1,20)