aRpsDCA provides R implementations of functions for carrying out Arps decline-curve analysis on oil and gas production data.
aRpsDCA currently implements the following decline-curve types:
* Hyperbolic (and harmonic)
* Hyperbolic with terminal exponential (aka “modified hyperbolic”, “hyperbolic-to-exponential”)
* Any of the above with initial rate curtailment
* Any of the above with initial linear buildup periods
aRpsDCA provides functions for
* computing rate, cumulative production, and instantaneous decline over time
* computing EUR and time to economic limit
* performing best fits of various decline curve types to actual production data
* rate, decline, and time unit conversions
aRpsDCA is released under the LGPL v2.1 and is free for commercial and non-commercial use.
The current “released” version of aRpsDCA is 1.1.1 and is available from CRAN.
The current pre-release version of aRpsDCA can also be installed from github using the devtools library:
v1.0.0 (2014-04-03): initial release
v1.0.1 (2015-06-21): S3 methods for formatting now correctly print curve family; handling of Np for D = 0 is corrected
v1.0.2 (2016-01-06): evaluation of hyperbolic-to-exponential declines with Di = Df now handled correctly
v1.1.0 (2016-04-04): Arps declines with linear initial buildup periods, and fitting to interval-volume data; additional bug fixes for daily data and better initial guesses for decline parameters
v1.1.1 (2017-07-23): EUR for declines with buildup now handled correctly; zero results from arps.q and arps.Np when decline with buildup was passed with only post-buildup time values are now corrected